Title: Development Assistant
Employment Type: Part-time, Hourly, 20-24 hours per week
Algonquin Arts Theatre (AAT) is a 501c(3) non-profit center for performing arts located in Manasquan, NJ that provides cultural enrichment and arts education for residents and visitors of Central New Jersey and the Jersey Shore through high quality performances and programs in theatre, music, dance and film.
AAT is currently seeking a Development Assistant to provide support to the Senior Director of Development.
General Overview: The Development Assistant reports to the Development Director and is primarily responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the donor database, tracking and administration of donors and donor acknowledgement, assistance in fundraising events and other development-related tasks as needed. The Administrative Assistant also provides interface between the Development and Finance Departments as well as between Development and Marketing. The Administrative Assistant will also perform a small number of administrative tasks related to Finance and Marketing that support Development Department initiatives.
This is a part-time, flexible position that requires some weekend and evening hours for events and box office coverage.
Areas of Responsibility
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Continually update and correct database records.
- Coordinate production and mailing of appeal letters.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events.
- Assist in execution of fund-raising events.
- Primary contact for Orchestra, Broadway and Jazz Series members.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
- Provide financial reconciliations to Finance Director Marketing.
- Handle donor/member/sponsor ticket purchases through SABO database/ticketing system.
- Provide box office support when appropriate.
Qualifications and Education:
- Minimum AA/AS degree in related field.
- Minimum one year of experience in an administrative setting.
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- One year of experience in a non-profit organization, preferably arts-based.
- Experience with Development functions, including donor cultivation, grant writing and event fundraising.
- Experience managing a database using fundraising software, preferably Donor Perfect.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Comfort with public speaking and presentation.
Physical Requirements of Position:
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
- Must be able to work looking at computer screens for long periods of time.
- Must be able to listen closely to others on phone and conference calls.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a part-time, hourly position, 20-24 hours per week.
For further information about the organization, please visit www.algonquinarts.org.
To apply, please email a formal cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three references to email@example.com.
No calls. Please direct any questions regarding this position to the email address above.
Algonquin Arts Theatre is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.